Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summerlicious - Valens

It's that time again - the 10th annual Summerlicious! It started July 6 and runs until July 22, so there's still time. For restaurant list, click here.

My friends and I went for lunch to Valens last weekend. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, in Baldwin village. They offers a selection of fusion foods. You can check out their Summerlicious menu here.

I really liked it; great atmosphere, good food and nice service. There also a nice front patio. Check out the pics I took of the dishes we had. I definitely recommend Valens!

I have 2 more restaurants booked, so make sure to check back for my thoughts on them.



Baby mixed greens, mandarin oranges, dried dates, roasted walnuts, julienne carrots and pears with raspberry vinaigrette

CRUSTINI
Three piece crustini topped with smoked salmon
and avocado mango relish




Pan seared Atlantic salmon filet topped with mixed nut maple sauce, served with
herb roasted vegetables and buttered baby bok choy

LAMB SHANK
Slowly simmered with herbs, red wine and tomatoes, served with mashed potatoes
and buttered baby bok choy

CHICKEN
Pan seared chicken breast topped with blueberry cream sauce,
served with roasted vegetables and buttered baby bok choy

Hazelnut meringue with strawberry sauce and whipped cream

Chocolate cheesecake

2 comments:

  1. I ate there today. It was delish. I'll be back for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food looks amazing I'll have to try it

    ReplyDelete