Saturday, March 29, 2014

My World Mastercard Fashion Day!


The Toronto World Mastercard Fashion week showcasing the Fall 2014 collection just happened last week. It was actually my very first time to attend the Fall shows! The WMCFW is Canada's premier fashion event that brings together all the best Canadian fashion to the runway. It happens 2 times, one in October showcasing the spring collections and the one in March, showcasing the fall collections.


It was a five days event which took place under a huge tent located in David Pecaut Square in downtown Toronto.  I attended Day 3 and saw 4 shows! The runway shows I saw were Christopher Bates, Outclass, Klaxon Howl and G-SUS. All happened to be menswear except the G-SUS show which also had womenswear.


I only had my iphone with me, and I have to say, I had some difficulty taking some good shots. Any tips for me from those regular runway attendees? Here are some decent ones. I also have videos of all the designers I saw and their 2014 collections on my instagram account, here. For a closer look of the designers fall 2014 collection, you can click on the designer's name here. Christopher Bates | Outclass | Klaxon Howl | G-SUS.

FYI: What I wore: Layered, outer Jacket from Bluenotes, inner jacket from American Apparel, polka dot shirt from H&M, backpack from Herschel Supply Co.






One of my fav look/jacket from Outclass

Loved Outclass's collection!
The designer, like me, graduated from OCAD University!

Love this look from Klaxon Howl.

Model from Klaxon Howl.

Denim on denim look from G-SUS.

A very cool looking backpack!

One of the fun things to do at the WMCFW while waiting between shows was style/people watching! I saw many guys, including me, sporting backpacks. This one above was my favourite where I just had to take a pic of. It was worn by blogger, Bobby Raffin.

I really enjoyed my first Fall WMCFW! I loved the people, fashion, runway, models, spotlights and cameras -  it was definitely a cool experience. For one who loves watching runway shows on TV and a fan of fashion, seeing it live was exciting and lots of fun! I can't wait to come back for the next one in 6 months! And hope to get to sit in the front row! : )




No comments:

Post a Comment