Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Visit to Target in Toronto!


Yes, Target is finally in Canada! Me like many shoppers are jumping with joy : ) They are currently having "soft opening" which really means a test run to make sure everything goes smoothly and make last minute adjustments before the official grand openings happening in early April.


Being a fan and curious I went this morning and checked out the East York Town Centre location in Toronto. Another reason was to get my hands on some of the pieces from the Roots limited collection - Roots Outfitters, one of many brands Target partnered with. FYI - I ended picking up some sweats and tops.

The store was nice, bright, had 2 floors and fully staffed. There was a Starbuck at the front entrance. There was a nice grocery section. Overall, pretty much the same layout as what is in the states. It had great signage, easy to find what you're looking for. A little disappointed there wasn't the value (dollar) section. I also noticed a lot of sub-brands - i.e. Denizen from Levis, Trans from Jansport, Leo by Heys, etc. There was also a Fan Zone with some very nice merchandise for the Maple Leafs and the Blue Jays - which I thought was a nice idea to include. Other than that, there wasn't really any 'deals', but tons of selection at low prices = Expect More. Pay Less.

Check out some of my pics below. Looking forward to going back, next time with my Target REDcard! Where you can save 5% off your purchases - and who doesn't like more savings : )
Please comment below and share your thoughts. Happy Shopping!



Roots limited collection: Roots Outfitters









Some of the sub-brands (which I found interesting):

Trans for Jansport
Converse - One Star

Denizen from Levis
Leo by Heys


2 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    I work at OCAD U and came across your blog via your recent photo of the Sharp Centre. I meant to comment on this Target post a little while ago. I also visited the East York Town Centre location and found it bright and inviting. What's more, a few of the neighboring stores have been forced to step their game up with renovations to avoid becoming Target's shabby neighbour - notably, Shopper's Drug Mart. Great post!
    Kanyika Yorke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kanyika,
      Thanks for checking out my blog and you comment.
      I so agree with you - the other stores have to step it up : )

      Delete